The incumbent in this position is responsible for welcoming and providing service to guests of the hotel.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Assign guest accommodations in accordance with current procedures.
- Handle assigned bank properly and performs account postings.
- Maintain knowledge of hotel occupancy status, special events, in-house groups and other situations affecting the reception desk's daily operation.
- Accept same day and advance reservations as required.
- Process guest accounts upon check-out in an efficient and accurate manner.
- Maintain guest relations in a positive manner; refers guest to appropriate personnel if unable to satisfy guests' complaints.
- Maintain ongoing knowledge of all company services and entertainment opportunities.
- Assist other departments with requirements they may have pertinent to hotel guests.
Must have ability to:
- Use all equipment associated with the position including but not limited to keyboards, telephones, fax machines, copiers and printers.
- Communicate effectively at all times with customers as well as all levels of employees.
- Move around the service desk effectively, pull up portfolios, reach across counter for customer transactions and retrieve and replace safety deposit boxes as needed.
- Effectively use a computer to access, understand and input customer information.
- Work in crowds and noise the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
Effective communication skills. The skills and abilities necessary for this position are typically acquired through the completion of a high school education or equivalent in addition to two months of on-the-job training or related experience.