The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting with and learning repair and maintenance in the following areas: mechanical, electrical, plumbing, refrigeration, welding, painting, and boilers.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Assist engineers and painters in daily work assignments.
2. Acquire necessary technical skills.
3. Attend and passes assigned classes.
Must be able to:
- Work in varying levels of cold, heat and vibration, proper safety procedures and precautions are taken. May spend time on the casino floor, and is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Work in elevated places inside and outside of the building, such as on lamp posts and parking structures. Occasionally works outside and is subject to all weather conditions. Proper clothing is provided.
- Communicate effectively at all times, with all levels of employees.
- Inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to hand and power tools, drill press and grinders.
Aptitude and willingness to acquire engineering skills.