The incumbent in this position is responsible for serving beverages to guests at the Center Bar of Hard Rock Hotel. They are also required to fulfill marketing responsibilities.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
- Serve beverages to lounge customers as established by the department.
- Responsible for the security and accuracy of assigned checks and is accountable for any and all overages and shortages.
- Keep cocktail server station and lounge clean and orderly.
- Act as a guest service representative by providing information about the hotel, casino, and entertainment.
- Act in a manner that is professional in body language and attitude.
- Alert management to guests who are intoxicated or under 21, and if a guest is too intoxicated.
- Enhance the company's objectives to provide an entertaining environment through maintenance of visual appearance and guest service delivery, according to department standards.
- Must have Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter account/page which identifies the property (ex: John/Jane Doe at Hard Rock Hotel).
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
- Must be physically present at work, in assigned work station, in order to perform all functions required of the position.
Must have the ability to:
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers alike.
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of noise, crowds and smoke, the severity depends upon customer volume.
- Move effectively and efficiently throughout the lounge and in the bar areas.
- Carry serving tray, weighing up to 10 pounds, throughout an 8-hour shift and serve drinks to guests.
- Document and comprehend drink orders; deliver accurately to guests.
Must be 21 years of age. Must meet established department appearance standards. One year of high volume nightclub experience and a proven track record of being able to drive business through self promotion by using techniques such as guest list and promotional outings. Must have bottle service experience.