The incumbent in this position is responsible for operating the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino's shuttle vehicles to transport personnel, guests, and equipment as directed by the Front Services Manager.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Transports guests in a safe, comfortable, and courteous manner.
- Maintains communication with Bell Desk as necessary.
- Inspects vehicle condition before and after use.
- Reports discrepancies found on vehicle before using.
- Reports all accidents or tickets immediately to the Front Services Manager.
- Maintains vehicle in clean condition at all times.
Must have ability to:
- Operates in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of crowds, noise, vibration, and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume. Incumbents are at times subjected to hazards such as driving in all weather conditions. Proper clothing is provided.
- Communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees.
- Inspect and safely operate vehicle.
- Review and comprehend maps and other all necessary documentation.
- Sit for extended periods of time while transporting guests.
- Maintain communication with the Bell Captain.
- Load and unload luggage from shuttle bus as necessary.
- Safely operate all passenger vehicles
Valid Nevada Commercial Driver’s License with a Passenger Endorsement, and have no major moving violations or accidents within the past three years. Familiarity with the Las Vegas area. The skills necessary of this position are typically acquired through two months on-the-job training.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management