The incumbent in this position is responsible for the repair and maintenance of wooden surfaces, including but not limited to walls, floors, furniture, and ceilings.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
- Maintain or construct stud walls of wood or metal material.
- Maintain or construct hotel furnishings.
- Maintain or install doors, including hanging and closures.
- Maintain or install door locks and associated hardware.
- Work with specialty materials, such as wood and metal.
Must have ability to:
- Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of cold, heat, and vibration. Proper precautions are taken. Subject to varying levels of noise, crowds and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume. Required to work in elevated places inside and outside of the building such as lampposts and parking structures and enclosed areas such as boilers, HVAC duct areas and attic spaces. At times subjected to hazards such as the dangers associated with the use of basic hand and power tools, testing equipment and chemicals.
- Occasionally works outside and is subject to all weather conditions. Proper clothing is provided.
- Communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates, and inspect and maintain areas for which responsible.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to basic hand and power tools and testing equipment.
- Effectively and efficiently move around work areas including lamp posts, parking structures, boilers, HVAC duct areas and attic space.
Knowledge and ability to perform the assigned tasks in a craftsman like manner and a timely fashion.
Operating knowledge of basic hand and power tools and related machinery. Must know practical factors checklist. Basic maintenance skills. Basic painting skills. These skills and abilities necessary are typically acquired through a minimum of one year experience as an Engineer or through an A.A. degree in Engineering or related field.