The incumbent in this position is responsible for washing dishes, pots, etc., and ensuring their cleanliness.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Work as a member of a dish washing crew ensuring soiled items are placed in proper racks or containers which carry them through a dishwashing machine.
- Inspect, remove, and properly stores all clean items from the dish washing machine.
- Wash steam kettles, tilt fryers, and food preparation equipment too large to put in dishwashing machines.
- Supply dishware to food preparation stations as needed; removes soiled dishware and cooking equipment from food preparation stations.
- Keep work area (floor, machine, shelving, carts, etc.) clean at all times.
- Miscellaneous duties, such as polishing silver, working in store room and preparing for banquets, special events, etc., as assigned.
Must have ability:
- Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of cold, heat, noise and vibration. Incumbent is subject to hazards such as wet floors. Proper precautions are taken.
- Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
- Stand for majority of shift.
- Inspect all work performed.
- Lift and move of up to 50 pounds and move loads of up to 100 pounds so as to be able to restock all items as needed.
- Sort all silverware as needed.
The skills necessary for this position are typically acquired through two months of on the job training or through related experience.