The incumbent in this position is responsible for preparing and presenting all food items as called for by the menu, and/ or guests, along with assisting the Room Chef in the efficient operations of the kitchen.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Assist all stations, prep and respective lines as necessary.
- Ensure that items are fully stocked, rotated and equipment is in good working condition.
- Ensure the proper storing of any left over foods.
- Ensure the proper opening and closing of work stations.
- Effectively maintain, monitor and record all requirements of SNHD codes and standards
- Effectively and efficiently executes menu as instructed by room chef.
- Effectively communicates with server assistants and guests.
Must have ability to:
- Ability to execute all kitchen and guest operations in an “Open Kitchen” setting
- Operate in a working environment that is subjected to varying levels of heat and noise, the severity of which depends upon customer volume. At times subjected to hazards such as wet floors and dangers associated with the use of heavy duty cutlery and cooking equipment.
- Inspect and maintain all areas for which responsible.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Use of all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to choppers, slicers, mixers, and grinders.
- Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
- Lift up to 50 pounds throughout an 8 hour shift.
- Prepare all varieties of meat including veal, pork, beef, lamb, poultry, game and especially seafood.
- Knowledge of, and ability to prepare stocks, soups and mother sauces. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through four years of progressive cooking experience, with a minimum of two years’ experience working a hot line or prep kitchen, and/or through the completion of a culinary arts degree or recognized apprenticeship.
- Full understanding of SNHD regulations, forms and processes.
- Appearance and personal hygiene must be in order and maintained at all times
- At least one year experience with guest interaction or a customer service platform
- At least 1 year experience in working with raw or cooked seafood, preferable in an Oyster bar setting