The incumbent in this position is responsible for leading and coordinating Casino and VIP guests’ needs during their stay. Handles or directs all requests in an efficient and courteous manner. Work requires superior communication and judgmental skills, as position is called upon to interact frequently with high-limit customers. The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing guests with information and assistance regarding the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino and Las Vegas area attractions, entertainment and facts. The incumbent in this position is responsible for serving food and beverages in accordance with company standards.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Host high – limit guests’ and accommodates their needs within program guidelines to ensure guest satisfaction and encourage return visits.
- Coordinate guest rooms, meals and show reservations, and assists guests with questions and special requests to ensure coordination of guest needs to provide for their maximum convenience and comfort.
- Handle special requests for Hard Rock’s guests. See below for standards.
- Provide accurate, up to date information on the Hard Rock Hotel and Casino and Las Vegas activities, entertainment, and Hard Rock’s special promotions.
- Interface with Casino Services, the Front Office, Food and Beverage, Sales and Marketing , and Security in handling preferred guests and special events.
- Follow through on all changes pertaining to guest reservations and ticket requests.
- Provide superior service to all customers on each and every shift and has the resiliency to deal with difficult customers.
- Recognize guests immediately with a friendly greeting and informs them of audio and visual capabilities of Suite, Spa, Bowling Alley functions and Butler information.
- Assist guests with food and beverages, demonstrating salesmanship with complete menu and product knowledge on all restraints.
- Notify Executive Chef of any food products that are not properly prepared.
- Ensure guest satisfaction through food quality checks and responsiveness to guest complaints.
- Delivers and sets up amenities in guest suite.
- Prepares suite for guest arrival (lights, drapes, music)
- Greets and escorts guests to their suites explaining all services provided by the butler staff.
- Take order and serve meals/alcoholic beverages maintaining complete knowledge of menus and beverage lists.
- Unpacks/Packs luggage, as requested by guest.
- Performs all valet services (ironing and steaming of clothing) and shines shoes, as requested by guest.
- Knows the difference between Single Flat, Windsor, Double Windsor and Bow Ties. Also the knowledge to demonstrate how to tie each one of these knots.
- Arranges reservations and appointments as needed.
- Escorts guests to and from specific locations within the property.
- Purchases specialty items for guests.
- Maintain a well groomed neat and clean appearance, carrying out duties with attention to sanitation safety.
- Anticipate, identifies and provides for guest needs.
- Perform side work duties on daily basis and other duties as assigned.
- Recommend changes that could improve Butler operations.
Must have ability to:
- Work in all levels of noise, crowds and smoke, the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Transport trays and/or plates throughout the banquet area which may weigh up to 50 pounds, as well as serve food items and beverages.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Take down orders, recite specials and point specific items out on the menu to customers.
- Stand throughout an eight hour shift.
- Communicate effectively with customers as well as all levels of employees.
- Use all equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to computer keyboard and telephones.
- Effectively and efficiently move throughout the room service and the kitchen area.
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers alike.
- General computer knowledge for the following programs; Microsoft Excel and Word.
Effective written and verbal communication skills essential as majority of work time is spent interacting with hotel guests and directing staff. Must be able to speak English. Strong familiarity with Room Service functions is essential. These helpful skills and abilities are typically acquired through minimum of three years progressive banquet and/or fine dining experience. Candidates with mixology and fine wine knowledge will also be preferred. All candidates must pass a qualification butler exam.