The incumbent in this position is responsible for serving food and beverages in accordance with company standards.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Recognize guests immediately with a friendly greeting and informs them of daily specials.
- Assist guests with beverages, demonstrating salesmanship with complete menu and product knowledge.
- Notify line chef of any food products that are not properly prepared.
- Ensure guest satisfaction through food quality checks and responsiveness to guest complaints.
- Maintain a well groomed neat and clean appearance, carrying out duties with attention to sanitation safety.
- Anticipate, identify and provide for guest needs.
- Perform side work duties on daily basis and other duties as assigned.
Must have ability to:
- Transport trays and/or plates throughout the restaurant which may weigh up to 50 pounds, as well as serve food items and beverages.
- Review and comprehend and necessary documentation.
- Take down orders, recite specials and point specific items out on the menu to customers.
- Stand throughout an eight hour shift.
- Effectively and efficiently move throughout the restaurant and the kitchen area.
- Communicate effectively with customers and co-workers alike.
- Work in an environment that has varying levels of smoke, crowds, and noise the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
Familiarity with food, beverage and wine service. Knowledge of table service procedures and table etiquette. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through two (2) years table service experience.