The incumbent in this position is responsible for initial greeting of new guests as well as the welcoming of returning guests. Also is responsible for ensuring guest satisfaction in all V.I P. areas inside the club.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all-inclusive for specific positions.)
- Coordinates with the hosts/podium the guests name and the amount people are in their party.
- Permits access for VIP clients into limited access areas.
- Controls the flow of the door.
- Observes guest activity and at all times and prevents and immediately halts all inappropriate behavior and regulates crowd control.
- Works with other Door Hosts and Officers to ensure safety of guests and co-workers.
- Follows all procedures when dealing with unruly or intoxicated guests.
- Enforces dress code & assists in ID procedures when needed
- Assists cashiers by stamping guests who would like to return in the same evening.
Must have ability to:
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees, customers and outside contacts.
- Work effectively in a fast paced environment.
- Move around all work areas effectively and efficiently
Previous experience in security hosting, security or working with large crowds preferred. Experience working with the public or VIP’s preferred. Must be 21 years of age or older and be able to work a flexible schedule.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Have knowledge of the Hotel’s programs to address problem gambling.
- Consults with the appropriate individuals and maintains and effective system of written policies, procedures, and internal controls to ensure compliance with Nevada Gaming Regulations and Minimum Internal Control Standards.
- Takes the appropriate steps to investigate exceptions, fraud, and potential violations and report such instances to the appropriate levels of management.
- Reports items addressed by the “Compliance Questionnaire” as they occur to the Compliance Officer or his designate.
- Reports any acts of wrongdoing on behalf of any staff member that they have knowledge of.