The incumbent in this position is responsible for setting up and maintaining cabanas, assisting guests in requesting cabanas, provide other supporting services, escorting guests to their reserved cabanas, and in the proper use of Paradise Pool facilities and equipment, including the safety of guests in and around the pool area.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Prepare all cabanas before pool opening; ensuring towels are placed, menus are clean, and cabana is ready to be occupied.
2. Greet guests and offers assistance and/or instruction in the use of the Pool.
3. Handle all guest requests and information for cabana reservations; including booking reservations, waiting lists, and notifying Cabana Attendants and Cocktail Servers of cabana occupancy.
4. Check Urvenue System to review reserved cabanas and preset as needed; update system status throughout the day, and close out reservations to ensure information is accurate and timely.
5. Check with VIP Services to ensure there are no additions to the cabana list prior to opening.
6. Is in position at the podium at least 15 minutes prior to opening.
7. Check on cabana guests, assisting with all requests, regularly throughout the day
8. Clean cabanas regularly throughout the day, including end of day to ensure deck is ready for next business day.
9. Oversee swimmers in and around pool and hot tub areas, issues towels and equipment to guests.
10. Report any safety hazards to supervisor immediately; stays in location until help arrives.
11. Report any maintenance issues to supervisor immediately.
12. Must be physically present at work, in assigned work station, in order to perform all functions required of the position.
Must be able to:
• Communicate effectively at all times, with customers as well as all levels of employees.
• Inspect and maintain areas for which responsible. Must be able to distinguish between different denominations of currency and make change.
• Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
• Use the equipment associated with the position, including but not limited to pool equipment and cash register.
• Effectively and efficiently move around work area.
• Balance, bend, carry, climb stairs and ladders, crawl, reach, squat and twist. These actions are required in order to assist guests in the proper use of equipment and to perform other job duties.
• Lift up to 60 pounds and push and pull up to 100 pounds of towels, equipment and supplies.
• Work in an environment that is subject to varying levels of cold, heat, wet/humid conditions, crowds and noise.
• Incumbents are at times subject to hazards such as slippery conditions. Proper safety precautions are taken.
• This position works outside and is subject to all weather conditions. Proper clothing is provided.
Lifeguard training and certification in CPR required. Superior customer service skills required. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through previous experience in a similar pool/resort setting involving high profile customer contact, or through six months of on-the-job training.