The incumbent in this position is responsible for overseeing effective operations of the Stewards department.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Involved in the hiring process, responsible for motivating, evaluating and, if necessary, recommending disciplinary actions and up to terminating employees within the Stewards department, ensuring all employees have the proper resources and training to perform their job duties.
- Maintain open lines of communications with all departments.
- Order and receive all non-food items within the Food and Beverage department.
- Recommend replacement parts for equipment in the food department.
- Ensure all equipment within the department is in working order and up to company standards.
Must have ability to:
- Operate in a working environment that is subject to varying levels of heat, cold, noise and vibrations, the severity of which depends upon customer volume. Incumbents are at times subject to hazards such as wet floors. Proper safety precautions are taken.
- Inspect and maintain all areas for which responsible.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Lift 50 pounds from floor to shoulder height and push/pull loads of up to 50 pounds.
- Move around all areas of responsibility in an efficient manner.
- Squat and bend so as to be able to stock and retrieve supplies as needed.
- Communicate effectively with all levels of employees.
Requires working knowledge of equipment and associated chemicals. Supervisory experience involving scheduling and manpower counts preferred. Complete understanding of all operations of the Stewards department. Demonstrated organizational skills and effective communication skills. This knowledge and these skills are typically acquired through a minimum of two years progressive experience within the Stewards department.