The incumbent in this position is responsible for preparing and presenting all food items as called for by the menu, and for assisting the Room Chef in the efficient operations of the kitchen.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Assist all stations and respective lines as necessary.
2. Ensure that items are fully stocked and equipment is in good working condition.
3. Ensure the proper storing of any left over foods.
4. Ensure the proper closing down of work stations.
5. Communicate effectively with "Front of the House" staff.
Must have ability to:
Knowledge of and ability to prepare stocks, soups and mother sauces. These skills and abilities are typically acquired through five years of progressive cooking experience, with a minimum of three years experience in a dinner house, and/or through the completion of a culinary arts degree or recognized apprenticeship and 1 year dinner house cooking experience.