The incumbent in this position is responsible for assisting the director of housekeeping with managing the daily operations of the housekeeping department, ensuring profitability, guest satisfaction, quality and maintenance of hotel assets according to established objectives.
- Assist the director of housekeeping with the hiring, training, motivating, evaluating, and managing the staff to ensure employees have adequate guidance and resources to achieve objectives.
- Assist the director of housekeeping with establishing, implementing, and maintaining department objectives, standards, guidelines, budget and other administrative processes to achieve proper management of the department.
- Work in conjunction with director of housekeeping to research, analyze, and make determinations regarding new equipment and amenities to ensure purchases are within budget, safety and service objectives.
- Assist the director of housekeeping with developing accounting systems and the monitoring of inventory items to ensure proper control, the ability to facilitate guests' needs, and maintenance of room quality standards.
- Assist the director of housekeeping with researching, evaluating, and implementing programs to promote facilities and profitability in all areas of responsibility.
- Perform occasional hotel room inspections to ensure the consistent quality of room preparation and effectiveness of existing system.
- Assist guests with issues that are beyond the control of supervisors, ensuring guests' satisfaction while operating within established guidelines and policies.
- Work directly with the assistant executive housekeepers to develop leadership skills.
- Assist the director of housekeeping to establish and create new Standard Operating Procedures.
- Coordinate and expedite the flow of work and materials within or between departments according to established company guidelines.
- Establish workloads, assign tasks, and review results.
- Coordinate and expedite the flow of work.
- Direct others in completion of a task or assignment.
- Act as the director of housekeeping in his or her absence.
Must have ability to:
- Work in an environment that is subject to varying noise levels, the severity of which depends upon work volume.
- Communicate effectively at all times, with guests as well as all levels of employees.
- Observe and direct actions of subordinates.
- Inspect rooms and count inventory.
- Review and comprehend all necessary documentation.
- Effectively and efficiently move from floor to floor as needed.
- Lift up to 20 pounds
- Move up to 20 pounds to be able to perform inspector and utility duties as needed and perform necessary inventory checks.
- Must be able to withstand prolonged standing, stretching, bending and kneeling without restriction, work indoors and be exposed to various environmental factors such as, but not limited to CRT fatigue, noise, dust, cigarette smoke.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced, busy, and somewhat stressful environment and maintain physical stamina, proper mental attitude while dealing effectively with guests, management, team members, and outside contacts while working under pressure and meeting deadlines.
- Must be able to touch and handle supplies in a safe and non-hazardous manner, maintaining proper hygiene, cleanliness, and disposal methods.
Effective communication skills required. Demonstrated record of high achievement and ability to interact effectively with others is essential; proven leadership skills. These skills are typically acquired through a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a senior level housekeeping management position, or equivalent experience in hotel housekeeping, as well as two years’ experience in customer service areas. Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a 1000 room property that include. Penthouse and Villas with four or 5 diamond service levels. Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration preferred, or an Associate’s degree and 4 years related experience.