The incumbent in this position is responsible for greeting customers, conducting cash register transactions, gift wrapping, stocking sales floor, maintaining a clean working environment and assisting guests with their needs.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Facilitate retail sales including customer assistance and follow up.
2. Operate cash register and handles money.
3. Clean and maintain the appearance of all merchandise and customer areas.
4. Respond to customer inquires and their requests.
5. Follow established procedures regarding gift wrapping and merchandising.
Must be able to:
Basic math skills and 10-key experience preferred. Verbal communication and customer service skills required. One year upscale boutique sales experience necessary. Prior money handling experience helpful. Computer skills helpful, but not required.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through completion of a high school degree or equivalent, as well as through two months of on-the-job training or equivalent experience.