The incumbent in this position is responsible for providing thorough, responsive luggage service for arriving and departing guests and assisting in meeting the guests needs.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
- Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms.
- Inform guest of emergency procedures and operation of amenities in guest room.
- See that all aspects of bus group luggage arrival and departure is handled efficiently.
- Ensure guest is assisted in a quick and friendly fashion.
- Will receive laundry and dry cleaning and will take every precaution to ensure that it is delivered to the dry cleaning agent, received, and delivered to the guest.
- Receive flowers, packages and other articles for delivery for hotel guests and will ensure that they are delivered promptly.
- Transport VIP guests, executives and hotel guests as directed by their supervisors.
- Assist guests with issuing wheel chairs as needed.
- Provide guests with directions and information for on property questions and general Las Vegas event information.
Must have ability to:
- Work in varying levels of crowds, noise, vibration and smoke the severity of which depends upon customer volume.
- Be outside during all weather conditions. Proper clothing is provided.
- Use a telephone.
- Bend, carry and reach, lift, push and pull up to 65 pounds so as to be able to move luggage from guest's cars to their rooms and vice versa throughout an 8 hour shift.
- Communicate effectively with customers as well as all levels of employees.
- Move guest’s luggage in an effective and efficient manner.
- Lift up to 65 pounds throughout an 8 hour shift.
- Communicate effectively with customers as well as co-workers.
The skills and abilities necessary to this position are typically acquired through two months of on-the-job training or related experience.
REGULATORY AND COMPLIANCE RESPONSIBILITIES
In addition to the other duties described herein, each and every employee has the following responsibilities related to compliance with laws and regulations:
- Attend required training sessions offered by the Hard Rock.
- Perform the duties described in compliance with local laws and regulations.
- Take the necessary steps to ensure minors are not allowed to gamble or loiter in gambling areas, drink alcoholic beverages, or purchase tobacco.
- Have knowledge of the ordinances, regulations, laws, policies, and procedures relating to the employee’s department.
- Consult Internal Control Procedures and Policy Manuals for guidance.
- Report illegal activity to Security or the appropriate levels of Management